The Middleboro Youth Soccer Association offers a number of programs for our youth, including an in-town program, a travel program, TOPS soccer, and a variety of camps and clinics.
Locations: Purchase Street Complex for games and practices for 1st/2nd grade (U8) and 3rd/4th grade (U10). Field of Dreams soccer field for Pre-K and K teams (Mites).
Days: Games on Saturdays; practices weekday evenings.
Sex: All teams are co-ed.
Placement: All teams are organized to be level, so games are fun, competitive, and fair.
Levels: We offer three levels of in-town soccer:
- Pre-K/K: This is a fun-filled Saturday morning event that runs from early April to early June in the spring and from early September to early November in the fall. Sessions are at 9:00 am and 10:30am. Your child will be placed in one of the two time slots. This program will introduce your child to the fun of soccer, and get them acquainted with basic soccer skills
- Grades 1/2: This program builds on the Pre-K/K program. Most teams practice one evening per week and play games on Saturdays. Games are at 9:00 am.
- Grades 3/4: This program builds on the Grade 1/2 program, and helps prepare players advance their skills and prepare for our travel program.
Location: Practices at Purchase Street Complex (for Grade 3/4 and 5/6 teams); Field of Dreams Complex (for Grade 7/8 and 9-12 teams. Games are located across the South Shore, as we compete in the Coastal Youth Soccer League. 50% of games are at home, 50% are on the road. Most teams also have the opportunity to participate in either the Coastal Cup or CYSL/MTOC playoffs, pending qualification.
Sex: Separate teams for Boys and Girls, in accordance with Coastal Youth Soccer League and Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association rules.
Placement: Grade 3/4 players are placed to create equally skilled teams. Grades 5/6, 7/8, and 9-12 are placed according to ability in order to create a higher level of competition.
Levels: We offer four levels of travel soccer:
- Grades 3/4: Multiple Boys and Girls teams. For players interested in playing travel soccer instead of in our in-town program. Equally balanced teams.
- Grades 5/6: Multiple Boys and Girls teams. Players are placed according to ability. At least one team per age and sex group competes in a MTOC-eligible bracket. Other teams compete in either MTOC or Coastal Cup brackets.
- Grades 7/8: Multiple Boys and Girls teams. Players are placed according to ability. At least one team per age an sex group competes in a MTOC-eligible bracket. Other teams competed in either MTOC or Coast Cup brackets.
- Grades 9-12: At least one team each for Boys and Girls, depending on registration numbers. Teams compete in an MTOC-eligible bracket.
Location: Field of Dreams Complex.
Placement: TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is a community-based training and team placement program for young athletes with disabilities, organized by youth soccer association volunteers. The program is designed to bring the opportunity of learning and playing soccer to any boy or girl, who has a mental or physical disability.
Levels: Open to all interested players. Please contact us for more information about this program.
Please take a moment to review this document from Coastal Youth Soccer League about sideline positivity.